What Information does Synth collect?
We collect and process Personal Information about you when you interact with us and our services, as well as when you subscribe to any of our paid or unpaid services. This may include:
- your first and last name;
- your email address;
- your phone number;
- your payment details (including billing address, credit card details, where you make a purchase from us);
- your location and/or mailing address;
- your photograph;
- your marketing preferences, including any consents you have given us;
- information related to the browser or device you use to access our website (including your IP address);
- any information we collect online from you and maintain in association with your account, such as your username and password;
- your subscription status with Synth newsletters;
- public information about the social media accounts you associate with your Synth account;
- any other information you provide us when communicating with us.
We also collect information on the use of our website via Cookies. Please view the section “Cookies” below for more information.
How does Synth use your Personal Information?
We process this Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To establish and fulfill a contract with you, for example when you subscribe to a subscription Service. This may include verifying your identity, taking payments, communicating with you, providing customer service;
- As required by Synth to enable our
business and pursue our legitimate interests. In particular we use your
Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to provide services you have requested, and respond to any communications, comments or complaints you send us;
- to monitor the use of our services and to help us monitor, improve and protect our services, content and website;
- allow you to create, maintain, customize and secure your account with us;
- to personalize our services for you;
- to monitor any user accounts to prevent, investigate and/or report fraud, misrepresentation, terrorism, security incidents or crime in accordance with applicable law;
- to invite you to take part in surveys or market research.
- Where our use of Personal Information is made pursuant to a balancing of our legitimate interests with your privacy interest, we will provide more information about our balancing analysis and process on request. Please send any such requests to email@example.com.
- Compliance with applicable laws and protection of Synth’s legitimate business interests and legal rights, including but not limited to use in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory, investigative purposes (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation).
- In addition, we will send you, based on your consent (if required), direct marketing communication in relation to our relevant services, or other services provided by us, our affiliates and carefully selected partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time (“opt out”); see the section “What are your rights?” below. In case of electronic direct marketing you can opt out by following the instructions in the communication.
How will Synth share the Personal Information it receives?
We may share your Personal Information with third parties as described below:
- Affiliates: We may disclose your Personal Information to our subsidiaries and/or corporate affiliates for the purposes as described above.
- Publishers: when you subscribe to a Publisher’s newsletter, we provide them the information necessary (including your name and email address) to provide you their newsletter(s). Please note that Publishers control their own newsletters; accordingly, when you interact with a Publisher’s newsletter in a way that requires your personal information, including when commenting on a newsletter that you have not subscribed to, that personal information is provided directly to the Publisher.
- Our Service Providers: We share your Personal Information with third party service providers that provide services on our behalf; for example, we use Stripe (a third party payment provider) to receive and process your credit card transactions for us. Such third parties further include, but are not limited to, providers of: website hosting; maintenance services; email services; security services; content delivery networks; customer support operations and software services; traffic and usage analytics services; and cloud storage and computing services.
- Other users: If your user profile allows it, you may choose to populate certain user profile information, including, without limitation, your name, subscriptions, publications, location, and any image content. Any user profile information uploaded may be displayed to other users to facilitate user interaction within the services (including when you post comments or upload images or videos through the services). Your account privacy settings may allow you to limit the other users who can see the Personal Information in your user profile and/or what information in your user profile is visible to others. Your username and user profile may also be displayed to other users when you interact with a newsletter post, for instance, by “liking” the post or leaving a comment. You may have the option to allow Synth to share information on what you’ve read or are reading on Synth with the public, or with other accounts socially connected to your own, such as your social media followers.
- Prospective sellers or buyers: We may share and/or transfer customer information in connection with the sale or merger of our business or assets (subject to local laws). Also, if we go out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change of control.
In certain cases, we may anonymize your Personal Information in such a way that you can no longer be identified as an individual, and we reserve the right to use and share such anonymized information to trusted partners not specified here. However, we never disclose aggregated or de-identified information in a manner that could identify you as an individual.
Where will we send your Personal Information?
Is Personal Information about you secure?
Your account is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You must prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer or device and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
We endeavor to protect the privacy of your account and other Personal Information we hold in our records, but unfortunately, we cannot guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, failure of the services, or other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time.
Any questions, please send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.